11 april 2011

On the Bro'd

Min tanke är att jag snart ska läsa On The Road av Jack Kerouac. Jag har haft den hemma länge nu och jag tror den bidat sin tid. Jag ska läsa den i originalspråk vilket jag tycker man ska göra med böcker vars språk man hanterar.


Om man däremot känner att vanlig 1950-talsengelska är lite för mycket kan man få den "retold for bros". On the Bro'd tar det lite lättsammare och på ett språk som kanske dagens bros kan relatera till på ett annat sätt. Jag väljer att inte förklara uttrycket "bro" ytterligare då jag tror att de flesta har en någorlunda uppfattning om detta och om man inte skulle råka ha det är jag inte rätt person att förtydliga.

Här kommer till exempel ett smakprov från det första kapitlet:

1 – Epic Beginnings

I first met Dean not long after Tryscha and I hooked up. I had just gotten over a wicked fucking hangover that I won’t bother to talk about, except that it had something to do with a six-foot-five douchebag and a beer bong. With the coming of Dean Moriarty began the part of my life you could call my life on the bro’d. Before that I’d often dreamed of going West to see hot LA actress chicks and try In N’ Out burgers, always vaguely planning and never taking off. Dean is the perfect bro for the road because he knows how to fucking party. First reports of him came to me through Chad King, who’d shown me a few Facebook status updates written by Dean from the Arizona State Beta Phi Omega house. I was totally stoked about Dean’s status updates because they were funny as shit, asking Chad to rate some pictures of girls he hooked up with the night before. At one point, Carlo Marx and I texted about the status updates and wondered if we would ever meet the epic Dean Moriarty. This is all far back, when Dean was not the crazy fucking jagoff he is today, when he was a young Communications major shrouded in Axe Body Spray. Then news came that Dean was out of ASU and was transferring to OSU; also there was talk that he was bringing some slam piece named Marylou.


Inga kommentarer:

Related Posts with Thumbnails